“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” - Unknown

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Prom 2014



Hello wonderful blog readers,


As most of you know, in your last year of secondary school, you have this party after all of your exams have finished, called Prom. For anyone that doesn't know what Prom is, it's a celebration of the end of your time at school and say goodbye to everyone. Its a chance for girls to dress up in beautiful dresses and have their hair and makeup done perfectly. And also for boys to dress in smart suits and take the girl they've been crushing on to a party! (No one asked me :/ but I went with my friends)Anyway, back to the post! My Prom was on 27th of June 2014 at The Park House Hotel, it was really fab! I wore a lovely red dress from a shop in Cannock called Celebrity (if your prom is soon, have a look there, its amazing.) My shoes were from New Look and where just black wedge heels with some sparkles on the front. My best friend did my make up, on my eyes I had a black smokey eye look with a small hint of red, I just did my normal foundation routine, and contoured my face, filled in my eyebrows and on my lips I wore a red lipstain from Rimmel. My best friend also helped with my hair, I did the halo style braid and curled the rest of my hair ,I loved this hairstyle after seeing a YouTube video from Zoella, ( I will leave the link below.) Also if you would like me to do a full blog post on this prom look, let me know in the comment section below.


I travelled to prom in a old yellow VW campervan which was so adorable, me and my friends where the only people who used one for transport (I think.) When we arrived at Prom, we were greeted by our classmates and our teachers, and had loads of photographs taken, although, my favourite pictures were taken on my phone and are really bad quality. Inside, we had a buffet meal, although, I only ate a few chips because there wasn't anything else that was vegetarian, which upset me because I love food, (I really do!)
After we had eaten, the disco began, everyone danced from about 8pm until 11pm, it was so tiring but so fun! All of the teachers that had gone to see everyone at Prom were also on the dance floor, embarrassing themselves but it was so lovely to have everyone back together for the last time. 


Prom finished at 11pm and I was so happy to go home, put my pyjamas on and take my makeup off!! The night was so good, and it was a lovely way to say goodbye to all of the lovely friends I had made and say thank you to all of the teachers. If you have the chance to go to Prom, go go go, it is a night you will never forget. I understand that Prom can be quite expensive, but you don't have to have a huge dress, or the most expensive shoes, most people at my schools Prom wore cocktail/evening dresses and they looked beautiful. I was privileged to be able to have the kind of Prom dress that I did, so I would like to say another huge 'THANK YOU' to my fabulous mom and dad.


I did try to leave a few of my favourite pictures from the night but it didn't work, sorry.


Zoella's Halo Braid Video ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf82HzwSK2s


Thank you for reading, you wonderful internet lovers!







No comments:

Post a Comment